Tracking the Storm
* ‘Frozen Laughter’ — original from Calm Before — is featured in a new movie starring Evan Rachel Wood. The song also has been released on Sky Girl, a foreign compilation.
* Long-awaited vinyl ’45 of two of our best originals has been released by Penniman Records. See ‘Shop‘ page.
* calm before… the rising storm, a 30-minute documentary movie about The Rising Storm and Calm Before had its premiere at the Jukebox International Film Festival, where it received first place in the documentary short film category. It also has been shown at the Santa Cruz Film Festival in California, where it received the award for best short documentary, and at the Doc’n Roll Festival in London. And it will be shown at Festival Sayulita in Mexico.
* Click ‘Follow’ button below to stay tuned.
- Follow The Rising Storm on WordPress.com
Monthly Archives: November 2015
The Rising Storm is a rock band that has been making music for 50 years. Our 1967 album, Calm Before, is considered “one of the rarest and most respected garage band albums.” The Washington Post dubbed us “the most famous utterly obscure … Continue reading
“The Rising Storm are the best. Perhaps it’s because they dared to record originals at a time when most bands relied on cover versions of well-known songs. Perhaps it was the chemistry of the six band members. Certainly it was the … Continue reading
The Rising Storm got our musical start at Phillips Academy in Andover, Mass. In 1965, we began playing together in a jug band that enlisted every student in our sophomore dorm. The six of us soon banned together to form The Remnants, later rechristened The … Continue reading